It’s World Diabetes Day 2018, the theme of this years campaign is ‘The Family and Diabetes’. Because Diabetes concerns every family, we encourage you to know more about diabetes in order to spot the early warning signs in children as well as adults.
Facts on Diabetes
- 1 in 11 people are living with diabetes
- 1-in-2 people (212 million) with diabetes remain undiagnosed.
- Diabetes is a leading cause of heart disease, stroke, blindness, kidney failure, and lower limb amputation.
- 80% of cases of type 2 diabetes preventable through the adoption of a healthy lifestyle.
You should look out for these warning signs in your family.
- Excessive thirst
- Frequent urination
- Lack of energy
- Blurred vission
- Slow healing wounds
- Numbness in feet and hands
Could you spot these signs in your family? Then you need to take a step further by visiting your doctor and getting screened and treated/adviced. Diabetes when Left untreated or unmanaged can lead to life-changing complications.
Credit: International Diabetes federationLeave a reply →